Space sells, and the ‘money shots’ need to be just that. Please follow this simple checklist of prompts, which should help us jointly achieve a successful outcome to the forth-coming photo shoot.
- Tidy away as much clutter as possible (including from work tops, on the dining room table, study paperwork, in the bathrooms etc.).
- If possible, have your windows cleaned inside and out, they will let more light in, and dirty windows may show up within the images.
- Replace any blown light bulbs/spots etc. If you are having 360-degree images taken as part of your shoot, the photographs are pretty revealing!.
- Maybe add a splash of colour with some flowers.
- Hide away from view any pet beds, bowls and related paraphernalia.
- Don’t forget the outside spaces. If possible mow the lawn, even if it’s just a top cut. Gardens can easily become dumping grounds, so utilise your garage or shed to stow away unsightly items.
- Remove personal photos, if possible but not wall hung pictures.
On the day;
- Make and straighten all beds.
- Review each room for discarded clothes or items that require stowing away.
- Hide your wheelie bins.
- Turn on all lights and lamps within the property, including cooker hoods, under cabinet lights etc.
- Clear the driveway of vehicles.